As the business was spread across several locations, the company wanted to secure its network using a multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) solution that could be managed proactively. The internet service also had to be centralised with multiple applications running efficiently in separate queues.
The main challenges that prompted the company to deploy MPLS were:
- Maintaining the data network used for an increasing number of applications was difficult. It was critical to keep the connectivity service both secure and speedy to manage daily operations seamlessly.
- The company also wanted its network solution to distinguish the traffic priority. It needed quality of service (QoS) for data packet movement on specific applications to complete urgent tasks faster.
- In addition to security and performance, cost-effectiveness, flexibility, and ease of scalability were the prime expectations. Our customer sought an integrated solution to introduce all these parameters in its network.
With its ability to build a robust network and set up highly efficient routes for priority traffic, MPLS was the best choice in this scenario. By deploying MPLS, the organisation could also get a fully managed service while benefiting from any-to-any connectivity.
- Assured QoS with low latency and jitter
- Private network on MPLS secured against external cyber threats that loom on public internet services
- Cost-saving benefits with no requirement of an additional firewall to secure the network
- Simplified network administration owing to the hub and spoke topology
- Fully managed SLA-backed service with WAN infrastructure offloaded to TTBS