Renowned Automotive Parts Distribution Company Optimises Field Work Productivity using TTBS Workforce Management
- Streamlined analysis of productivity with reports on the distance covered by each field worker
- Ease of allocating routes and sharing them instantly with concerned team members
- Accurate attendance records for the HR team to process payroll
- Improved customer satisfaction with timely delivery of ordered products
- Device-agnostic portal to trace real-time employee location from anywhere
- Future-ready architecture to sync with changing business needs
The company is a leading distributor of automotive care equipment in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Employing a team of more than 30 service personnel, it aims to offer its customers top-quality car care instruments designed by leading global brands. The products include wheel aligners, wheel balancers, tyre changers, lifting equipment, washing equipment, and all tools & accessories.
With a focus on quality and customer service, the organisation has captured a large share of the market, in the states where it operates.
The company approached Tata Tele Business Services (TTBS) while looking for a tech-savvy solution to manage its workforce better. It wanted to ensure that the employees’ attendance was accurately recorded and they were meeting their task timelines at assigned locations.
TTBS had GPS-based Workforce Management in its IoT solutions portfolio and after a demonstration of the service, the company asked TTBS to deploy it for their operations. TTBS’ strong presence in the information and communication technology (ICT) industry and the Tata brand image, encouraged the company to choose TTBS to fulfil their business requirements.
The company was managing its workers manually, using paper and spreadsheetbased attendance systems for quite some time. However, in line with evolved digitalisation trends, it was keen on adopting tools that could enable streamlining workforce management in real-time. The need for technically advanced systems became critical after the outbreak of COVID-19, where the majority of the employees had to work remotely.
In addition to real-time visibility on the whereabouts of field employees, the company had the following expectations from its workforce management solution:
- Ease of assigning duties and defining routes to be followed while visiting a location
- Ability to access attendance records on any device
- Security of the data shared between employees and their managers
The company intended to improve the accountability of its workforce for maximum productivity. It also wanted to make it easier for the field workers to fulfil their duties without getting lost on wrong routes or facing trouble with heavy traffic.
Aware of the value of IoT-based location tracking, it was looking for a reliable service provider to provide such as system
As per the automotive equipment distributor’s requirements, we offered them our GPS-based Workforce Management solution. As a tracking service, it enabled the managers and back-office teams to trace the location of their field workers at any time from anywhere.
With the deployment of the TTBS Workforce Management system, the company was able to monitor its field force more effectively:
- Managers could easily assign tasks and routes to their teams via SMS as the system’s web portal - containing details of all workers - was seamlessly integrated with messaging applications.
- The “Mark my Location” feature, enabled employees to display their actual presence in the area assigned to them through their picture on site.
- The attendance, being recorded through a web interface, managers could access it on any desktop or mobile device.
- The portal had in-built security features to counter cyber threats and data breach attempts – with all information being accessible only to authorised personnel.
TTBS Workforce Management came with an add-on benefit of SOS buttons that the employees could use to alert their managers if they needed any help.
In a nutshell, the GPS-based system made it easier for the company to schedule and maintain daily rosters and keep track of its workers’ locations, whichever states they were visiting. It was also scalable in line with the growing team size.
Workforce Management solution makes IoT and GPS technologies relatively simple to use and secure. It has custom features for route tracking, route replay and geo-coding of work zones accessible from any device on the go.