While it was already using fixed-line telephone services offered by Tata Tele Business Services (TTBS), the company also needed a specialised solution at its Network Operations Centre (NOC) to manage inbound calls from the UK.
The NOC was installed over an on-premise Cisco platform to redirect calls to agents’ mobile numbers and allow them to work from home. However, this architecture presented certain challenges:
- The Cisco solution couldn’t meet the parallel ringing requirement that enables businesses to direct incoming calls to all available agents simultaneously and ensure that no calls get missed. Shift-based routing was another challenge
- Upgrading the Cisco platform, although feasible, involved significant CapEx
- The company also wanted to get analytical call reports covering details such as successfully connected calls, agent utilisation data, phone numbers of callers and the mobile numbers used by their agents, average call handling time (ACHT) per agent, and recordings of conversations for reference.
- Rise in agent productivity with a greater number of calls answered per shift
- Reduction in ACHT due to instant availability of customer details on the screen
- Improvement in customer experience, thanks to faster resolution of queries
- Elimination of CapEx for upgrading of on-premise platform
- Evidence-based analysis of agent performance through data downloaded from Smartflo’s reporting module
- Call recording abilities for agent feedback and training